Problem Intel Pro1000GT network card

Started by Ray, May 20, 2014, 11:47:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray

I've got a strange networking problem since I replaced my existing router with an Asus n55u router, I use an Intel 1000GT network card in one of my Pcs, since changing the router this card is unable to obtain an IP address from the router.
The card is not obviously faulty as it can obtain an IP address when connected to an older router, and the router is ok as all my other connected devices are obtaining IP addresses with no problem, has anyone heard of any conflict between this combination or any other suggestions would be useful?
Ray
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

Just a shot in the dark, Ray, but could the network card require a driver update?  :dunno:
Simon.
--

Lance

Have you tried a different cable and a different port in the router? Have you checked the DCHP range in the router has enough IP addresses to allocate to devices?
Lance
_____

Ray

Thanks for the suggestions, Simon and Lance, afraid I've tried all of them already, but I've just confirmed that there is a problem with the original card, I've managed to find and install another card of this model that I had spare, and installed that, and it works with no problem.  :)
Ray
--------------------

Lance

Well, at least you've sorted it now!
Lance
_____

Steve

Or possibly a Windows software/driver issue?.. Solved by a reinstall. 
Steve
------------