BT Infinity

Started by Clive, Sep 11, 2014, 21:59:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Clive

A friend of mine is switching from Eclipse to BT Infinity and he's asked me to change the router to the Home Hub when the time comes.  I'm assuming it's just a case of unplugging the old and plugging in the new and that's it?  He uses an ethernet connection so there's not even wireless to worry about. 

Den

I assume he already has a openreach fibre socket, if so all you have to do is plug in the Homehub 5 and it does the rest, easy peasy  :D
Mr Music Man.

Clive

Yes, he switched to fibre a couple of years ago when he was with BT previously.  He has absolutely no use for a superfast connection and dial-up would suit his purposes just fine.  But he seems very easily persuaded by anyone who cares to phone or e-mail him.   ::)

Technical Ben

I know someone with similar. They get emails, occasionally download a video (once or twice a month). Infinity is overkill, and I also fear beyond their budget. But sadly, those the most vulnerable, fall for the biggest "cons" (not always a con, just sometimes a misadvised advice, that benefits the seller only).
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Den

I think the high download speed is a con for most people who do not play online games or watch movies. But if you require the choice it's great and the difference in cost from ADSL+ to Fibre is not great and sometimes cheaper.
Mr Music Man.

Clive

As Den forecast, it was incredibly simple to switch routers once he received an e-mail from BT telling him that switch-over would be after midnight yesterday.   8-)