No internet.

Started by wonder woman, May 24, 2015, 12:32:00

Previous topic - Next topic

wonder woman

I have lost my internet connection. It was fine a little while ago and now all I have got is the orange light keep flashing. Any help would be grateful as hubby thinks I mite have done something 2 it.

Simon

First thing I would suggest is to restart your router. 
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

wonder woman

I have done that. I had 2 use the landline as my other land line isn't working either. As we have 2 land lines the one my daughter uses went wrong on Thursday and we r waiting 4 it 2 b repaired. We seem 2 have really crackly lines and imam unable 2 use them. I really don't no what has happened and of course it has 2 b the bank holiday weekend. My husband thinks it because I used the phone that made it go wrong. Can you tell me if its true please. But slow in answering as I am using my mobile and it takes a little while 2 c if any one has answered.

Steve

I doubt using the phone could damage the broadband it's sounds possibly external if one lines is down already, ie there is nothing youcan do about it other than reboot the router and keep your fingers crossed.
Steve
------------

Clive

If rebooting your router doesn't work then perhaps you should phone up your ISP and register a complaint.

wonder woman

Just got internet back.  It was a openreach engineer cocked up big time time at the Clacton exchange and knocked out about 4000 land lines while installing a fibre optic cable  Anyway thanks for all your help and sorry didnt reply sooner.

Simon

There's not much we can do in these situations, but glad to hear you're back online. 
Simon.
--

mervl

Yep it's a pity that the BT Wholesale network reports which i think the IDNet RSS feed still reports don't also cover OpenReach outages which affect many customers rather than just individual lines.  Another consequence of the bureaucratic structures we impose on ourselves in this country, all paid for by the consumer of course, in pursuit of the Holy Grail of competition. ::)