BT Smarthub 2

Started by Den, Dec 02, 2018, 20:41:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Den

I have just acquired the new BT SmartHub 2 with one WiFi disc from BT just for extending my contract on a fixed price for 18 months.

After checking for best location for the disc I now have a full signal all around the house with a small drop off in my Lounge.

I should add that it is quite a large 4 bedroom house and the Lounge I built is on the end so its at the opposite end of the building and through the original outside wall.

I contacted BT and they have promised me an extra WiFi disc this week (for free) and if that was not enough they would send me an extra disc also free of charge.

I have now disconnected all my powerline range extenders and will put them on Ebay. I think that this is a win win situation.   ;D
Mr Music Man.

Den

Received and set up my second disc and I now have 100% signal in the lounge. Connected all the smart TVs this afternoon and well pleased.

If you are not with BT and are having WiFi problems the BT WiFi mesh system has just been reduced again and well worth a shot.

Otherwise I have a load of Develo Power line extenders for sale at good price.  :D
Mr Music Man.

nowster

What's the latency through the mesh like?

Den

I get a ping of 19ms with a download of 62.44mbps.
Mr Music Man.

Den

The Wholehome mesh system with 3 discs has been reduced to about £160.00 on Amazon today.  ;D
Mr Music Man.

Den

Just tried my iPad in the lounge (a room were I had virtually no signal before) and I got the same speeds and ping as the rest of the house.  :D
Mr Music Man.