Noisy BQM

Started by Bill, Oct 17, 2023, 13:41:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

Somewhere around 4:30 this morning my BQM went mildly horrible, spikes of high latency at about half-hour intervals:

Ignore the red spike, that was me rebooting the router. I've tried everything I can think of, but can't get rid of it... but I'm still not entirely convinced it isn't something on my LAN, so I thought I'd check here before getting on to support.

Is anyone else seeing anything like it?

eta- 80/20 FTTC by the way.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

zappaDPJ

Unfortunately since I moved house I've failed miserably to get a new BMQ working but others I can see look normal.
zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Bill

OK, thanks... I shall have to do some deep thinking (and hope it goes away on its own ;) )

Fortunately it doesn't seem to be actually affecting anything so, whatever it is, it's not really a problem (yet  :fingers: ), it just looks horrible compared to usual.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Bill

Sorted it, after about 2 days of hair-tearing...

Going through all the details would be tl;dr, but Support couldn't see anything amiss, and whenever I changed something (and there were quite a few possible suspects) I had to wait for anything up to an hour to see if had worked. Then think of something else to try  :dunno:

Eventually I was led to resetting the router to factory defaults and reconfiguring it... a pita and I didn't expect it to work because I hadn't changed any settings for at least 6 months and I'd rebooted and power cycled it several times during testing, but bingo!

So I still don't really know exactly what the problem was, but I know what fixed it!
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6