Email down?

Started by Glenn, Oct 06, 2007, 08:10:31

Previous topic - Next topic

sobranie

Quote from: The Doctor on Oct 06, 2007, 20:56:20
I'll nip over to Helston in the morning and give Sobraine a good kickstart up the jacksy  >:D

I only do afternoons on Sunday!!  ;D

I also have been unreliably informed that the email failure is down to an electrical failure at IDN mansions.
Apparently traces of Horlicks have been found in the donkey. ;)

Simon_idnet

I'm afriad that we're having more trouble than we anticipated. Will attack again in the morning with fresh eyes.
Simon

Simon

Oh dear, sorry to hear that, Simon.  Full marks for trying to get it sorted, especially at this hour.  We couldn't ask for more.  Have a Karma to wish you luck for the morning!   
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

Curiously, my web space is back up, but not my blog...
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: simon on Oct 07, 2007, 00:02:08
I'm afriad that we're having more trouble than we anticipated. Will attack again in the morning with fresh eyes.
Simon

Thanks for the update, good luck for the morning. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

I still reckon that Trevor joined the UCW when no-one was looking. :)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: Rik on Oct 07, 2007, 01:37:04
I still reckon that Trevor joined the UCW when no-one was looking. :)

;D ;D Good point, in which case,  Trevor has got the message over and should be " stamped " on before he attempts any more " First Class " tricks. :D
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Double

G      G
  R      R
   O      O
    A      A
     N      N

;D
Rik
--------------------

andy03071981

WOOHOO!!!

I've received some email! About a 100 of them!!! haha. Don't know about sending mail though, just tried to send some to my girlfriend, who is at present sat at the computer next to me in the front room wearing not a lot, and she has not received it yet, give it time, haha. Web space not up yet though! I'm sure the problem will be sorted very soon.

Rik

There's still a delay on outgoing mail as everything shuffles through the holding servers, Andy. I haven't been able to work out how long, it seems a bit variable (not helped by the fact that the 1&1 smtp servers seem to be on a go slow). However, the mail notification fo your post took just a couple of minutes to reach me.

Some people are having problems with webspace, some with blog space - it's being looked at.
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Just to update, my web space is now up and running again, and I have received several emails sent about an hour ago.
Simon.
--

Rik

Emails seem to be coming through fairly steadily now, with the odd one appearing from the mists of time. My web space is up, my blog is down (as is Gary's when I checked last).
Rik
--------------------

Mine still aren't coming through, including the tests ones I sent at 9.30am.

Rik

I'm pretty much up to date now, though I don't know what was lost, of course. If you want to PM me your email address, I'll send to you from three different domains so you can get an idea of what is happening.
Rik
--------------------

cavillas

I'm much like you now Rik, my website is ok but my blog is not there. :'(
------
Alf :)

Rik

I'm wondering whether all blogs have gone for now, Alf. Gary's was working, albeit slowly, but that is 404ing now... TBH, the least of my worries, it was only ever there so I knew how to set it up. :)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: cavillas on Oct 07, 2007, 16:13:03
I'm much like you now Rik, my website is ok but my blog is not there. :'(

Your blog is working for me, alas Rik's isn't.

Rik

If you're linking from Alf's profile/icon, it's not the IDNet blog. If you're not, what URL are you using?
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: Rik on Oct 07, 2007, 16:41:39
If you're linking from Alf's profile/icon, it's not the IDNet blog. If you're not, what URL are you using?

Was linking from Alf's profile, that answers that one then..  ;)

Rik

Thanks, Inactive, that means we don't have another riddle to solve. ;)
Rik
--------------------

cavillas

Hope you liked the link, Inactive. :angel:
------
Alf :)

rickus

I am still getting a 404 message on webmail -
Not Found
The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Am getting a little concerned as I will be relying on webmail for a while.

Is anyone else still having problems and do we know when they will be fixed?
Has it been established whether any incoming mails have been lost?

Thanks 

EDIT - should have said this is on webmail.idnet.com 

Gary

Quote from: rickus on Oct 07, 2007, 18:59:32
I am still getting a 404 message on webmail -
Not Found
The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Am getting a little concerned as I will be relying on webmail for a while.

Is anyone else still having problems and do we know when they will be fixed?
Has it been established whether any incoming mails have been lost?

Thanks   
I'm not having a problem with webmail here rickus, try emptying your browser cache and trying the it again http://webmail.idnet.com/ as far as I know there was some loss of email from yesterday morning but how much I do not know I'm afraid.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

rickus

Thanks Killhippie
Am actually using someone else's PC today so am reluctant to clear their cache.
Will be using a different machine from tomorrow evening.

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Oct 07, 2007, 16:14:26
I'm wondering whether all blogs have gone for now, Alf. Gary's was working, albeit slowly, but that is 404ing now... TBH, the least of my worries, it was only ever there so I knew how to set it up. :)
Cant access my Blog from the main IDNet page either, not really important but I would like it back sometime. ::)
Damned, if you do damned if you don't