More praise for IDNet

Started by wiltshirejohn, Dec 18, 2007, 11:18:11

Previous topic - Next topic

wiltshirejohn

If there were to be a problem with your spiffy new direct debit payment, I'm guessing that most ISPs would just cut you off and leave you to sort it out.

But not IDNet - Simon phoned me yesterday to say something didn't work and we sorted it out instantly (a typo on their part).

That's what the 'service' in Internet SERVICE provider should be all about.

Well done you guys.

Regards - wiltshirejohn

Inactive

Agreed John, another example of the " Service " that we have all come to love. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Simon was being seasonal, John. The rest of the year, he sends Samson round to collect.  ;D

(For those that don't know, Samson is the server the forum resides on...)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

cavillas

I thought he despatched Miriam to collect. >:D
------
Alf :)

john

When he really has a problem he send Jill round  ;D

Malc

Quote from: john on Dec 18, 2007, 13:50:06
When he really has a problem he send Jill round  ;D

Don't go there ;D

Noreen

I've just read that those poor people still with Pipex are to be charged 10p per minute for Support calls, it'll really mount up as they wait and wait to speak to somebody.  ;D

Sebby

My experience of IDNet has been exactly the same, wiltshirejohn.  :)

Quote from: Noreen on Dec 18, 2007, 23:23:23
I've just read that those poor people still with Pipex are to be charged 10p per minute for Support calls, it'll really mount up as they wait and wait to speak to somebody.  ;D
Yes indeed. My response to that thread was that Pipex have just given customers yet another reason to leave... Pipex used to be such a great ISP.  :(

Ann

Quote from: Sebby on Dec 18, 2007, 23:44:19
Pipex used to be such a great ISP.  :(

They did.. but as I asked on another thread, what went wrong?  Have you any idea?

Sebby

Quote from: Ann on Dec 19, 2007, 00:06:34
They did.. but as I asked on another thread, what went wrong?  Have you any idea?
See my reply in the other thread.  ;)

Ann

I've forgotten which one it was..  I'll find it  :think:

Simon

There's a lot of ex-Pipex users here, myself included.  For a long time, they offered one of the best start up broadband packages on the market, and I can't say they weren't reliable for the four years I was with them, but they treat existing customers like dirt, invoke new T&Cs without bothering to inform customers, and then have the cheek to lie about it!  Coupled with poor support, and diabolical phone queues to get there in the first place, the fact that they are now part of Tiscali should make any users want to run a mile. 
Simon.
--

Malc

Quote from: Ann on Dec 19, 2007, 00:06:34

Tiscali bought them

Rik

Things had gone wrong long before that, Malc. :(
Rik
--------------------

Arthix

Quote from: wiltshirejohn on Dec 18, 2007, 11:18:11
If there were to be a problem with your spiffy new direct debit payment, I'm guessing that most ISPs would just cut you off and leave you to sort it out.

Just as a comparison, I just moved over from Bulldog (now part of Pipex/Tiscali) and for the last year they have had trouble taking my money ::).

Was setup as a direct debit, I didn't notice they hadn't been taking the usual every month and finally after 6 months ??? they cut me off until I paid up, no notice or phone call to let me know or any help to sort it out. I phoned up and paid my 6months worth and I got back on... I'v only just noticed that they haven't taken payment again since then... So I owe them another 3 months, Maybe I should give them a call.  :laugh:

Strangely enough I only had trouble with Bulldog after Pipex took over, although since I signed up with Bulldog so long ago, i'm now paying less to IDNET for up to 8mb(30gb) than I was for 512k fixed(Unlimited) with Bulldog. Win Win for me ;D

Btw, Hi everyone. :beer1:

Sebby

Rik

Hi Arthix, welcome to the forum and IDNet - have a karma. :)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

A very warm Welcome Arthix,

:welc:

Have another Karma. :karmic:
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Are you thinking about decorating your ceilings again, In? ;)
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Simon.
--

Inactive

Quote from: Rik on Dec 20, 2007, 00:25:36
Are you thinking about decorating your ceilings again, In? ;)

HaHaHaHaHa.. Now a good Admin would have rectified that..  :tongue:

( Thanks ).

Rik

There was still time for you to do it yourself. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

You could have quoted it and left me with egg on my face, sealing my fate....( groan ). ;)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Malc

Quote from: Inactive on Dec 20, 2007, 00:42:09
You could have quoted it and left me with egg on my face, sealing my fate....( groan ). ;)

Surely Rik wounldn't do something like that :o