Scary reading.

Started by maxping, Sep 14, 2006, 21:25:20

Previous topic - Next topic

maxping

Xbandito

Well going by their TV service, full of adverts, repeats etc etc......I am not suprised  :D

I was tempted.........but I did my research........and  smacked myself for even thinking about it  ;)

maxping

I am very interested as i do not have a sky package just freeview, i guess in 12 months time (thats probably how long it will take them to get to our exchanges "up North") they will have sorted the problems of late delivery of the modems e.t.c. and the fluctuating service, until then i will be staying here.

Rik

Trust me, just stay here. Sky's idea of technical support is based on the assumption that all customers are technologically-challenged, and you should take them through the basics very slowly. When that fails, because the customer has done all you suggest before phoning and waiting for 45 minutes, tell them to look out the window and see if it's snowing. If it isn't, send them a new box and charge them for doing so - even though everything was fine until you updated the software without testing it.  :)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

maxping

Quote from: rikbean on Dec 17, 2006, 13:44:37
Trust me, just stay here.

My post was from Sept 15 , they do not seem to be getting any better and the forums are still full of complaining customers.
I wouldn't  leave IDNet unless Sky got their service to the point where there were few complaints in the forums and pings were low enough for the gamers, this will IMHO never happen so i will be staying put .

Rik

I may, one day, leave IDNet, but I can't see it ever being to go to Sky. I have to put up with them for TV (poor freeview coverage), but I wouldn't choose to if there was competition.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.