Interesting read on Thinkbroadband

Started by Noreen, Jan 21, 2008, 18:15:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Noreen

"Tiscali slowly migrating Pipex users to its own platform".
It's amazing that people still sign up for either ISP.

J!ll

Rik

I saw that last week, Noreen, and issued a silent prayer that I am well out of their clutches.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Niall

Quote from: Noreen on Jan 21, 2008, 18:15:36
"Tiscali slowly migrating Pipex users to its own platform".
It's amazing that people still sign up for either ISP.

I still read the Nildram forums on Thinkbroadband and noticed lots of people pointing out they were having DNS problems, then noticed that the "new" servers were all reporting Tiscali networks.

I can't describe how happy I am that I jumped ship in time :D
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

You and me both, Niall. I got out because of the heavy hand of Pipex on Nildram, I dread to think what the heavy hand of Tiscali must be like. :(
Rik
--------------------

Simon

A lucky escape for many of us here!  ;)
Simon.
--

Noreen

The same thing is being said on the freedom2support forum re dns, especially as they weren't informed. Nobody at f2s has yet been moved over to Tiscali LLU but they are getting nervous. >:D

Rik

The problem is that they may well find they become victims of slamming too. :(
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Thankfully we have no Pipex accounts. At one point I had three. Now all of them are IDNet. :)

Lance

Lance
_____

Sebby

Simon

Simon.
--

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Rik

I feel sorry for people who are being rail-roaded in this way. :(
Rik
--------------------

Rik

It makes you wonder who would buy Tiscali and why. I can't see it being done to improve the service to customers somehow. :(
Rik
--------------------

MoHux

No other ISP would need to buy it, they are getting the drop-outs already.  In large controllable numbers!  ;D ::)
"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Rik

Good point, Mo. I note that Tiscali have never made a profit - it leaves you wondering why they've kept going, doesn't it.  ???
Rik
--------------------

Adam

It's rather sad that Tiscali have decided to move customers to it's dismal LLU network in an effort to make a profit. It'd be so much easier and better for them to simply raise their prices and bring the network up to scratch, then perhaps they could draw in new customers and retain their existing customers without lengthy contracts.
Adam

Sebby

I completely agree. Yet they seem to be trying flog broadband for £6.49/month. No wonder they can't make a profit.  ::)

Colin Burns

True  but once your out of that lengthy contract or break your AUP so they will let you leave.  They get cleaver and state that you owe them for 1 months broadband and that you shouldn't cancel your Direct debit.  What they forget to mention is that they are just going to continue to keep taking funds from your account. then when you stop them and request your money back they send the debt collectors saying that you owe one and a half times the price of your package.

Noreen

I saw this post is on the f2support forum this morning, poor man. >:D

"Has anyone tried to get a MAC code recently? I'm just going round in circles here...

I tried emailing the cancel address but never got a reply. So I used the online form and got not reply.

I then tried phoning tech support and was told 'it isn't really their department' but to use the 'cancel service' button in the members area.

I did this and got a message saying I would be contacted to tell me when they could end the service, and to phone if I wanted a MAC code...

I then phoned the number and extension supplied (this time sales) and was told 'it isn't really their department' but to expect an email.

Since then I've had 6 emails giving Pipex id numbers, 3 of which asked for feedback about why I want to leave. I've tried responding but just get confirmation emails with yet more Pipex ids?

Phoning sales this morning I was just told they are very busy and anyway it isn't really their department (arrgghhh!!!), and they couldn't put me through to tech support (who say it isn't their department) so I'd have to phone again and get back in the cue (!) They suggested I wait for an email...

So 10 days on and I've no clue as to when they will cancel the service or give me a MAC code.

My only regret is that I didn't leave a year ago when they still had some form of customer support."

Rik

I'd have a letter in the post to the MD, sent by recorded delivery. :(
Rik
--------------------

Captain K

Well, I'm on my way out of Tiscali now, and pleasingly got my MAC code by email 12 hours after I requested it.  Only problem was it took me 3 days to get through to a human on the cancellation line - after 30 and 45 minutes in the queue on the previous 2 days I gave up.  I have huge sympathy for the folks I'm leaving behind.

Unfortunately, I was on the second page of the sign-up to IDNet tonight when She-Who-Thinks-She-Must-Be-Obeyed pointed out that she has entered hundreds of competitions (a hobby of hers) using the old Tiscali email address, and she needs a month to run these off before I can think about cancelling the old account.  After some "negotiation", we agreed 2 weeks.  In the littlest of white lies, I told her the MAC code is only valid for 14 days.  Think I'm going straight to the very hot place!  >:D
Bruce.

I don't trust Camels.  Or any other creature that can go a week without a drink.