Webmail not working = I am an idiot

Started by VaderDSL, Sep 25, 2006, 19:56:56

Previous topic - Next topic

VaderDSL

Hi all, I am having great difficulties logging onto IDNet's webmail with an @idnetfreemail.co.uk email account I have created.

Now first of the account has been authorised :) It says "Ready" under the status in the e-mail section, however I simply cannot get it to log in on webmail lol.

I have tried the username and e-mail address and the password is definitely correct, however it keeps telling me :

QuoteYou could not be logged on. Please ensure that you have entered your full address and password correctly. Note that passwords are case sensitive.

Now I'm probably being daft, I am also very tired atm so it could be my eyes :)

Thanks

BassoProfundo

I seem to remember the same thing happening to me when I created my first idnetfreemail account. I queried it with Miriam on the phone and within minutes, I could log on correctly. I get the feeling that it doesn't all go quite as automatically as one would hope for.

Maybe a quick call to support is appropriate.

One thought, can you get to the account via pop3 from your e-mail client?

quandam

Not an expert, but just a thought that might help.

I chose my own password for the main user ID and was issued a different one for the idnetfreemail address.

As i say, just a thought that you may need to use a different password for each account. Give it a try!

VaderDSL

LOL!!!  ::) :D

Told you I was an idiot, I totally didn't see a filtered message from IDNet saying my password didn't support asterisks hehe.

Gah I feel stupid.

Hmm ... still not working, ho-hum :) Ahh too tired now

Jeff

Vader ... yer an idiot  ::)

j/k man, when I set my original IDNETfreemail up in Outook it wouldn`t work ... seems I kept putting the affix in as f2s.co.uk :D Force of habit :D