Im Leaving Tiscali and am confused

Started by David, Feb 05, 2008, 00:17:22

Previous topic - Next topic

David

I have been with tiscali.for about 3 years left aol and havnt had a lot of technical stuff so jus a bit brain dea with some of the jargon.Tiscalis recent,so called upgrade proved to me ,and so many others to be a complete nightmare.almost on the dot my speed drops to a crawl,I have even timed out trying to test.Had so many tests some many reasons why its me,Bt, heard it all so finally wrote to them last week,plus email requesting mac code,recieved the same stuff back,but they really are history for me but I have a phone package so not sure what happens here.have surfed the net for over a week and am feel confused.all i want is a good reliable speed,pay and just rely it will be there.I have come down to a lis of just 2 sky mid and Ident.Im on 2 meg but my line will manage up to 4mg,although was upgraded (not requested to 8meg this was reverted when I demanded it in the hope that I could return to my reliable speed but this hasnt happened so IM off,is this isp really as good as you all say it is.its more daunting than I thought it would be,any advice on any problems I might encounter,not including getting the mac code,any help would be greatly appreciated.please keep it simple.You are talking to someone who hasnt got a clue about ad adawre yet and I m told I need it,but I dont know what I am looking at. thanks and hope this possible newbie will be welcomed here :-\
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

madasahatter

Welcome from another ex-Tiscali refugee. 8)

I've been here for well over 12 months now, and can honestly say that I have not once had a problem with my IDNet connection. The odd time that I have contacted support, I have found them to be extremely helpful, and very quick to get back to me, so yes - this ISP really IS as good as everyone in here says it is., and well worth the money.

Must admit, I don't know much about how the tiscali phone package works, so I can't really help you as to what you will need to do with that, but the broadband here is first class.  :)

David

Thanks appreciate this,Im pretty hopeful that the phone line will get sorted, just wary of who to go to looks like you and many other s have no regrets. all the best
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

David

Bit concerned,at the reaction to your popularity,I only use my pc for surfing,never watched a film or played a game or downloaded lots of stuff,except the odd piece of piano music (printed) what attracted me to you all was the brilliant reviews and the almost community spirit and not the I speak a different language when it comes to the world of PCs. so this is one member who wont be hogging the space,if thats the correct title. :-[
Still cant wait to join though

Malc

:welc: and  :karmic: My phone line was tied up with pipex, and I jave transferrd to to BT.

Also I have been here 4 months, the service is great and have no problems.

Lance

I've never had a better connection than the one from IDNet, and the customer services is the best of any company I've dealt with.

Should you join, you'll get just what you want. A nice, reliable connection which you can just forget about :)
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

David

Thanks to all of you I have read enough to be convinced this is the place to be,luckily my contract with Tiscali is no more and wrote last week and requested mac code,gave them a nudge this morning,if I don't hear tomorrow I will give them a bigger nudge.My understanding is that they have to provide this code within 5 days.I have read people have had to resort to mentioning Ofcom,As I am very keen to get away it seems ages keep checking the mail.Anyone with any tips to get these people to actually do something?
Roll on the letter or e mail :'(

Malc

I had to mention offcom to pipex after they 'forgot' to process my MAC. So, worth a try.

Ann

Hey, I bet I'm a worse piano player than you.. I bought a digital piano a couple of weeks ago and am just about getting up to grade 1 standard  ;D

But anyway, don't forget to cancel your telephone contract with Tiscali as well as broadband.  If Tiscali have your line then you need to get it transferred back to BT.

Philip

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Feb 05, 2008, 20:35:13
Thanks to all of you I have read enough to be convinced this is the place to be,luckily my contract with Tiscali is no more and wrote last week and requested mac code,gave them a nudge this morning,if I don't hear tomorrow I will give them a bigger nudge.My understanding is that they have to provide this code within 5 days.I have read people have had to resort to mentioning Ofcom,As I am very keen to get away it seems ages keep checking the mail.Anyone with any tips to get these people to actually do something?
Roll on the letter or e mail :'(

welcome to the home of the confused, bewildered, and confuddled :hug: you won't find a better ISP than IDNet I can assure you, and you are most welcome here at IDNetters :thup:

Simon

You're not Les Dawson reincarnated are you, BPP?  ;D  Have a welcome karma, and :welc:
Simon.
--

David

;DI have had more laughs on here than all the time on tiscali.thanks for the welcome I have just had a little look around and ofcom do look promising,Im determined to come here only it should have ben yesterday as far as Im concernd, Grade1 piano,hmm Im still wondering how to open the lid, (and who mentioned the mother in law). feel at home already  :-*

David

Quote from: Ann on Feb 05, 2008, 21:24:56
Hey, I bet I'm a worse piano player than you.. I bought a digital piano a couple of weeks ago and am just about getting up to grade 1 standard  ;D

But anyway, don't forget to cancel your telephone contract with Tiscali as well as broadband.  If Tiscali have your line then you need to get it transferred back to BT.
Thanks will do all that,good job I didn't cancel that looks like a big mistake.just keep pushing,dont get me started on the piano I'm all over the place,I can read music,and play some easy classical,just got through the entertainer, and its never good enough for me .one piece of advice if I may don't do what I and many men do and read the instructions after,it can be really confusing,still I don't think Mozart or Scott will mind.(god knows if the neihbours feel the same lol) :laugh:

Lance

Your best bet for giving them a push would be by telephone, unfortunately.
Lance
_____

Rik

Although a bulldozer can be quite effective... ;)
Rik
--------------------

Lance

Lance
_____

Sebby

It's frustrating enough being with such a poor ISP, then they prevent you from leaving. What's the world coming to? :laugh:

Welcome to IDNetters, and we hope to welcome you to IDNet soon. You won't be disappointed, that's for sure.  :)

psp83

Just imagine if Tiscali ran the country  :-\

Atleast no one would get done for speeding  :P

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Malc

And piracy would be wiped out in an instant.

The RIAA would be pleased

David

Quote from: Ann on Feb 05, 2008, 21:24:56

Just heard that the mac code should be with me within the next 24 hours.have to say they were very polite and obliging,lets hope it all goes smoothly,and the phone appears to be an easy procedure too.,nearly ready to take the plunge...scary or what !!!!

Inactive

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Feb 06, 2008, 10:20:09
Just heard that the mac code should be with me within the next 24 hours.have to say they were very polite and obliging,lets hope it all goes smoothly,and the phone appears to be an easy procedure too.,nearly ready to take the plunge...scary or what !!!!

Nothing to fear regarding the move, once you have the MAC Code, it will all go like clockwork.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

What In is trying to tell you, of course, is that it's all a big wind up.  >:D
Rik
--------------------

cavillas

Ignore Rik. (most of us do) ::) He's just got a strange sense of humour. ;D  Your migration should go well as long as Tiscali don't act normally and muck it all up. ;D
------
Alf :)

Rik

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

;D

I've got a strange sense of humour, Alf?? ;)
Rik
--------------------