Error message

Started by alan, Feb 06, 2008, 09:32:46

Previous topic - Next topic

alan

Hi again..
When I hit the "Mark as Read" button 9 times out of 10 I get the following error:-
"Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."
Any ideas please?
Alan

Simon

Hi Alan,

Possibly a cookie problem?  Do you have cookies enabled in your browser, and have you allowed the IDNetters cookie to be permanently stored?
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

alan

Thanks for quick reply Simon... Yes cookies shown to accept all. I get the warning
on both the Laptop and PC..
Alan

Simon

It's odd that nobody else has reported this, which could indicate a browser issue.

Can anyone else replicate this error?
Simon.
--

Simon

Alan, can you try logging out, then removing the cookie, and logging back in again, so it sets a new one?  Might just do it.
Simon.
--

Rik

I can't think of anything else, Simon, and as you say, no-one else has reported the problem. What browser are you using, Alan?
Rik
--------------------

alan

Well I was using FF 2.0.0.11...  Still getting the rejection in there. Tried in IE7
pressed "Mark as Read" and they cleared no problem. So it must be something in FF?

Alan

Rik

Odd, Alan, I use FF with no problems though, tbh, I never mark stuff as read - I read everything.

What addons are you using?
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

I use FF as well, never come across that before, and I do mark stuff as " read ", often.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Thanks, In. Do you use many addons?
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

A couple, smiley extra and spelling checker.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

alan

"Mostly Crystal" and "Noia 2(Extreme). Come to think of it I will uninstall both of them. Forgot I had them on there. I'll go back to FF default and see if it makes a difference.
Alan

Rik

Thanks, Alan. It's the only variable that I can think of.
Rik
--------------------

alan

Taken Add ons off... Logged off then went into Announcements page in FF
An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.
Back