Idnet home page

Started by talos2, Feb 09, 2008, 18:40:38

Previous topic - Next topic

talos2

Is anybody else having problems with Idnet home page. I don't seem to be able to load it, I've tried from a search engine and several other links, any ideas welcome
EX Orange and proud of it.

Rik

I've just checked the main website, the network status page and my account page, all with no problems. Are you getting timeouts?
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

talos2

I'm getting nothing at all blank page,  with the loading line moving very slowly.

Rik

Try flushing your DNS cache.

Hit Start > Run > type CMD and hit <Enter>

Type ipconfig /flushdns and hit <Enter>

Then refresh the browser's cache by hitting Ctrl+f5.

See if that helps.
Rik
--------------------

talos2

Sorry Rik still the same, all other pages I've tried seem to load OK,  this is happening on both my computers

Baz

Sebby

It's working fine here (albeit through OpenDNS). I can't think what the problem would be. You could try the OpenDNS DNS.

Den

Works fine for me, but I'm a lucky sod  >:D
Mr Music Man.

RA-1972

I take it you are useing the right url www.idnet.net just a thought .

Lance

Working here fine, too!
Lance
_____

Simon

Simon.
--

talos2

Quote from: RA-1972 on Feb 09, 2008, 20:10:29
I take it you are using the right url www.idnet.net just a thought .

Tried your link and it takes me straight to the homepage, if I click on login the info bar at the bottom says waiting for idnet but that is as far as it goes.

David

Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

BrianM

Brian

Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them.

Malc

Sebby

Quote from: talos on Feb 09, 2008, 21:10:10
Tried your link and it takes me straight to the homepage, if I click on login the info bar at the bottom says waiting for idnet but that is as far as it goes.

No such problem here. I don't know what it could be. Have you got another PC you could try, just to rule out it being a local problem?

Rik

I'm wondering if it could be a firewall or cookie problem?
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

If it was a firewall problem, I'd expect it not to work at all. It might be worth clearing all temporary internet files. The only other thing I can suggest, other than trying another PC as before, is another browser, e.g. Firefox.

Rik

It's affecting multiple PCs, though, which complicates the problem somewhat. It's one of those, "I wish I could pop round with my laptop" moments.
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Ah, missed that. I think it's worth trying the OpenDNS servers (even though there's no reason for it to be a problem with IDNet's DNSs).

Rik

It certainly won't do any harm. To use them, Talos, enter the following as primary and secondary DNS in your router:

Rik
--------------------

talos2

Quote from: Rik on Feb 10, 2008, 00:53:36
It certainly won't do any harm. To use them, Talos, enter the following as primary and secondary DNS in your router:

Morning Rick
                    Tried as you suggested and there was an improvement, I was at least able to log in, but loading the log in page was very slow,  the information at the bottom of the browser says "downloading data from idnet" , as soon as this clears I am in.

Just had a thought, I have recently set the wireless security on my router could this have anything to do with it?

Rik

It shouldn't do, particularly if it's affecting multiple machines, or are they all wireless?
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Mine is fine as well, about 15 seconds to get to my details, including login.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Sebby

Quote from: talos on Feb 10, 2008, 10:03:23
Just had a thought, I have recently set the wireless security on my router could this have anything to do with it?

If it was to do with the security, I'd expect it to affect all sites.