Moving Home soon and taken phone number

Started by zafira53, Apr 21, 2008, 20:18:36

Previous topic - Next topic

zafira53

Hi Folks

I am moving within the next month and I am taken my phone number with me as I am staying in Andover and will be 630 meters as the crow flys from the exchange not that matters!

So my question is will I still have to pay connection fees?

The person we are doing a mutual exchange with has just recently gone over to Virgin :no: for her phone line but still has the BT socket so one is hoping that it may not be too much of a problem getting BT back on ;) 

Sebby

Unfortunately, you will still have to pay an activation fee for the broadband. Despite you taking your number with you, it's a new line and so broadband will have to be activated. IDNet incur the cost from BT. :(

zafira53

Thanks sebby :)

for that info as i just needed to know so as to have the money to hand when required :thumb:

Rik

It's worth asking BT to do a simultaneous provide. They will give you a key, a bit like a MAC, which you give to iDNet. They can then get the order in so that everything is done in one hit.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

zafira53

Thanks Rik for that info I will ask about that next week when the paper work comes through from council? :) :thumb:

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.