Speed Tester.

Started by Inactive, May 27, 2008, 10:55:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Inactive

A new ( to me ) speed test that seems to give fair results can be found at;

http://myspeed.visualware.com/servers/lhr.html

It is designed for VOIP but is fine to use for general speed tests.

If you click on the resulting speed test page at the bottom text, you can copy and paste the results.

Limited number of uses per session, not sure how many or for how long. ;)

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Simon

Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Simon

Simon.
--

Inactive

Can't post mine because I ran out of hits, it was around the 6931 down, and 378 up mark.

Will post again when it allows. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Baz

heres mine

whats good and bad though. I get different graphs each time......if these are the graphs for my test

doc_holiday

Quote from: Inactive on May 27, 2008, 10:55:27
A new ( to me ) speed test that seems to give fair results can be found at;

http://myspeed.visualware.com/servers/lhr.html

Very interesting... I'm a bit put off on speedtesters in general. They seem to be a mixed bag. About the only time I use one is when I think things are sluggish and I need to verify my impression or use it to rule out part of an equation.  My favourite for some time was Dan Elwell's test, http://www.broadbandspeedtest.net/ but I don't think it has been updated in ages.  Pity.  The diagnostic reports were really useful in posting to forums or helpdesks to help diagnose problems. I'd love to see it picked up again.

Inactive

Quote from: Baz on May 27, 2008, 13:09:40
heres mine

whats good and bad though. I get different graphs each time......if these are the graphs for my test

Mine are consistent, give or take.

No serious deviation.

Cookiemonster

My Test

Can't ask for any better than that..

Inactive

Link reverts to Home Page. ;)

Cookiemonster

Steve

The visual traceroute2008 gives some pretty graphs :)
Steve
------------

Inactive

MoHux

Thanks In', a usefull site ...... bookmarked!

While on the subject of Speed-tests, and thinking of the imminent  ::) arrival of ADSL2, I thought some of you may like to try this speedtester.

HERE

No responsibility taken for results.  :whistle:

Mo
;D
"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Rik

Confirms what I thought - no advantage to me whatsoever.  :'(
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

I got 3.77Mb on a 4Mb profile, so it seems quite good, but these third-party speed tests can be affected by routing, etc, so may not always paint a true picture.

Noreen

My result this morning.................

[attachment deleted by admin]

Inactive

Very nice Noreen..  :thumb:

Rik

I'm definitely moving in. :)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Rik

The irony is that I live in a major conurbation with relatively new infrastructure. :sigh:
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

I know, it is uncanny, but I also have in part at least, aluminium cable. :(

Rik

But not 5km of the stuff. :)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Danni

IDNet Customer (ex-partner's name): 6th January 2006 - 23rd March 2007
IDNet broadband Customer (my name): 11th June 2008 - 21st April 2010

Now with Be for internets, IDNet for phone.