Virgin warns illegal downloaders: stop or face prosecution

Started by Simon, Jun 07, 2008, 22:16:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

The age of illegal music downloads could soon be over. The UK's largest provider of home broadband is to warn internet users building up vast libraries of music that they could be prosecuted.

Full Story
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

David

:rofl: And I thought I was  going to read something salacious here   ;D ;D  >:D ;D >:D :laugh:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Simon

Simon.
--

David

Wouldn't go anywhere else, at least we have classy smut  ;D
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Ted

Just how hypocritical can you get.
I remember Branson from when i was younger.
Here's a quote from Wickipedia

"In 1971, Branson was arrested and charged for selling records in Virgin stores that had been declared export stock. He settled out-of-court with UK Customs and Excise with an agreement to repay the unpaid tax and fines. Branson's mother Eve re-mortgaged the family home to help pay the settlement."

And now he's the "internet police" Please!!!

He made his money from "bootlegging"......Or so i hear tell :whistle:

Ted
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

David

From little acorns Ted ..........Branson has a face like a smacked arse anyway  :D

Ted

Its the poacher turned Gamekeeper thing that gets me seething :mad:
Ted

David

I was going to use that saying,but its a great apprenticeship in all walks of life.....know what you mean though...there is a slang term for Richard  ;) cant quite recall it  :whistle:

Ted

Ted

Malc

can help build an internet in which music is properly valued

So, we're going to start paying the same price as Americans?

Yeah, right.

Malc

He's kissing the arses of the government, to try to get Northern Rock on the cheap.

You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

David

Inactive

I seem to recall that Virgin Atlantic walked free on the " Price Fixing " scandal not so very long back.

Simply for dobbing BA in ..  :(
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

talos2

QuoteThe age of illegal music downloads could soon be over. The UK's largest provider of home broadband is to warn internet users building up vast libraries of music that they could be prosecuted
:but:
                         Hasn't that always been the case?
EX Orange and proud of it.

Rik

Indeed it has, Bob. I'm a bit surprised at the Virgin stance (although, as they sell CDs & DVDs, they may have more of a vested interest that other ISPs). All they are going to do is drive customers elsewhere - but then maybe that is their primary interest, get rid of the heavy users?
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

It certainly seems that way, Rik, but then their marketing seems to suggest otherwise. Quite a contradiction...

Rik

Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

Quote from: Simon on Jun 07, 2008, 22:16:59
The age of illegal music downloads could soon be over.

Very much doubt it - I'm sure those naughty peeps that do this kind of thing will find ways round it  ;)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

madasahatter

Quote from: Inactive on Jun 08, 2008, 12:25:46
Serves ya right, Hoobs should know better..  ;D

Especially hoobs of my age and supposed wisdom  ;)

Inactive

madasahatter

Malc